"Confluence" - you beautiful ball of stress... Fashion Show 2023



Hey guys! I wanted to update you guys on the fashion show that I have spent months tirelessly working on. As the creative director of the show I helped organize the set design, projection art, and overall concept of the show. Working on this project was a huge learning experience for me; and it was very fulfilling to see how beautifully the project turned out. In talking with the musicians and others in my creative collective we determined the themes that we wanted to be represent in the performance; these themes being Identity, Infection, and disgust. After deciding on these themes I came up with the project title "Confluence". The definition of which is: the junction of two rivers; an act or process of merging. I think this perfectly represented the project because it is a merging of an assortment of artistic mediums and the merging that persists within our thoughts as we struggle to grasp true self-awareness. After determining the intention of the project I got the opportunity to reach out to a local projection artist known as "the Honey-Bee Collective". We spent countless hours working together to create the perfect footage to represent the ideas being expressed in the music, and fashion. After shooting the footage, I worked with the projection artist by explaining how I wanted this footage to be implemented into the project. He improvised the projections on the spot during the show, and it was super cool to see all of my hard work displayed in such a cohesive manner. This project opened my eyes to the world of projection art, and I hope to do similar work in the future. 

All of this is not to say that there wasn't obstacles in this project. I had a perfect venue with all the space that I needed booked months before the date of the show, just to be notified less than two weeks before the performance that the space was unavailable. I had to scramble to find another space and even though I wasn't happy with it at first, I was able to create a whole new set design in just three days. On-top of this, meeting with the projection artist on such a regular basis was great, but it was also very tiring to take so much time out of every evening to work on this. It was also hard to work with my colleagues at times. We each had our own vision for how we wanted the project to turn out, and there were many times where these visions would clash. But in the end I would find a happy-medium, and work it out. This project was hard, tiresome, and a massive ball of stress. But it was so worth it. It helped me understand myself as an artist, and develop my networking skills, and a professional demeanor. 
 
Above is a video from the performance. We have a full recording of the project, which I will post a link to soooonnnn. Stay posted b1tche$$ :)

Comments

Popular Posts